Friday, December 2, 2011

wavves


What if Green Day had never put on eyeliner or gone all broadway on us? What if after Dookie they only got cooler? Ok, that's how I feel about Wavves. They released Life Sux EP a couple a months ago and I'm about halfway in love with it. Meaning I like half the songs on it. There is a few that sound like terrible versions of previous songs, but "I Wanna Meet Dave Grohl" makes up for them ( minus the "Never gonna stop me"'s. No one is trying to stop you). I am a huge fan of King of the Beach and Wavvves, so Life Sux receives the bronze. It's pretty hit or miss. The idea of putting a live track and some collaborations with other cool bands is great, but I wish Nathan Williams could have experimented more with his songs. It seems he has abandoned all the peculiar and bizarre and stuck with the catchy pop punk that you can't say "no" to. Either way, he's going on the Weezer Cruise. Lucky bastard..



No comments:

Post a Comment