Wednesday, November 23, 2011

gauntlet hair

So I keep hearing/seeing the name Gauntlet Hair everywhere. I walked by the TLA this past summer and saw their name on the marquee and thought "Hm." I couldn't decide if I liked the name or not. Turns out I do. Put on "I Was Thinking" for a blown-out groove that will get you moving 'round a dance floor (or in my case, my kitchen). The band tours as a four piece but the two main members are BFF's since the age of 15 from Colorado. They seem to have found the perfect balance between reverb-y dance and cranked indie guitar jams. Released in October, their self-titled debut album is a great introduction to an experimental band with a lot of promise. They will be returning to Philly next month to play Milkboy on December 4th. I will see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment