Monday, June 4, 2012

The Cribs



 This band of brothers will be playing at Johnny Brenda’s on Tuesday (tomorrow). I happened to hear them on my Pandora recently and I was pleasantly surprised. I don’t even really remember the name The Cribs being thrown around in 2006, at a time when I was reppin’ The Libertines super hard (even though their self-titled was awful, Up the Bracket was so good though)! Often compared to The Libertines, they don’t sound as sloppy or tanked, but their songs are just as catchy. I haven’t familiarized myself with their entire catalogue, but I’ve gone through most of their singles in the past 2 days. “ Mirror Kissers’ ” 1-4-5 chord progression is the classic pop rock hit that gets stuck in your head like bubble gum in your swoopy hipster hair. I really want to go see them tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment